Monday, March 10, 2014

Class on 3/10/14

Warm Up:
Students Created silly, unreal statements (with past tense)

  • I sold my kidney for an ipad.
  • I slept in the pool last night.
  • I saw a dinosaur yesterday.
  • Some people sleepwalk. I eat in my sleep.
  • I won the Lotto last Saturday.
  • I peed in the asile of the supermarket.
  • Saturday I swam in the air. I did 40 laps.
  • I sailed a boat down Broadway.
  • I went to the moon in my Ford-Chevy combo.
  • I drove my car into the ocean last night.
  • I ate a whole dinosaur for lunch yesterday. It's a special diet that all the movie stars are
  • following.
  • My friend took my memories out of my head and sold them on the black market. She got $4.50.
  • She also has a kidney to sell you if you are interested.
  • I live on the moon. I am waiting for Francisco to come pick me up and take me to class.
  • I drink blood but only on Sundays.
  • I played football under the house.
  • I walked to my job in Santa Clara. I made it in 15 minutes.
  • Last night I read a book to my cat and dog. They laughed the whole time.
  • I drank beer in the morning because my soccer team lost.
  • I spoke to with my dog about my job. He gave me good advice.
  • I fought with Michael Jackson. He fights dirty.
  • I flew an airplane to Japan.
  • I ate Soylent Green.
  • I took a bath with chocolate.
  • My brother wants to be superman and jump off the roof.
  • I made tacos with elephant meat that I shot on safari.
  • I don't want any police in Redwood city.
  • I ate my dog. He was super tasty with black beans.
  • Friday night I bought an airplane for my mom because she wants
  • to come visit me. She piloted the airplane and flew to California
  • on Saturday Morning.


Students studied new list of irregular Past tense verbs
begin/began, blow/blew, bring/brought, buy/bought, catch/caught, come/came, do/did, draw/drew, drink/drank, eat/ate, get/got, give/gave, go/went, grow/grew, hear/heard, know/knew, make/made, meet/met, read/read, run/ran, say/said, see/saw, send/sent, sing/sang, sit/sat, sleep/slept, swim/swam,  take/took, throw/threw, write/wrote

become/became, bite/bit, break/broke, choose/chose, drive/drove, fall/fell, feel/felt, fly/flew, fight/fought, find/found, hold/held, hide/hid, hit/hit, keep/kept, leave/left, lose/lost, mean/meant, pay/paid, put/put, quit/quit, shut/shut, sell/sold, spend/spent, speak/spoke, stand/stood, teach/taught, tell/told, win/won, wear/wore

Students selected 20 from above


http://www.thetimesinplainenglish.com/wp/the-life-of-a-payday-borrower/

http://blogs.kqed.org/stateofhealth/2014/03/10/parents-love-their-phones-tablets-even-during-meals-with-kids/

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/09/living/genius-hour-education-schools/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Homework: write a paragraph about what you did last weekend. Practice reading it out loud


No comments: