Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Class on 5/10/17




Final Writing Assignment

Topic: Immigration
Options: Personal or Factual/Information
Format or Paragraph Types: Narrative, Process or Logical Division (or other?)


The format for a Narrative Essay might follow the outlines below. 

Narrative Paragraph:   
Introduction: "I remember the night before I left my home town..."
General details your Thesis Statement is too say if it was basically easy, hard, dangerous etc.  
  • Body paragraph #1 First part of your story.  "First, my life changed when...."
  • Body paragraph #2 Second part of your story.  "Later on I found...."
  • Body paragraph #3 First part of your story.  "Importantly, I didn't give up and..."
Concluding Paragraph: Summary or final opinions or hopes/aspirations

or

Process Paragraph 
Intro: Follow these important steps to improve you immigration experiences
one (or two) steps per paragraph with details
Conclusion: If you follow these steps..

Logical Division
Introduction: There are several reason to move to the US (or several reasons not to)
Each reason is a paragraph


Homework: if you got less than a 5 on your Process Paragraph please re-write.

No comments: