Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Class on 3/27/13

Common mistakes with paragraphs:

wrong: , later      , next     , after that
correct: . Later     . Next    . After that

wrong: in my house
correct: at home

wrong: I went to the store. After I went to the park.
Correct: I went to the store after I went to the park.
              I went to the store. Afterwards I went to the park.
                                             After that
                                             Later

Wrong: . Because
Correct:  because

Warning: did you use "I?"  Is it the start of a sentence?
                                            or does your long sentence need an extra "I"?


Students took practice quiz on the following irregular verbs:

be       - was ( you/they/we were)
build  - built
do      - did
find    - found
fly      - flew
have   - had
ride     - rode
sleep   - slept
speak  - spoke
wake   - woke

Homework:
Read pages 50 through 58 in the Reader
Build a Vocabulary list
Study the Latest Irregular Verbs for a quiz on 4-8-13
Practice a Paragraph about what you did during Easter break- Also for the quiz.


No comments: