Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Class on 2/13/13


Corrections
Roll
Paragraph rules
"grading" a paragraph
Soup Nazi
Randalls
YouTube for Pop culture

Homework:
Choose a song, video or part of a TV show or movie. Look for a video on YouTube send an email with your link.  Write two sentences about what they say (transcribe some of the dialogue).


Example:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uVqBzP0xdKk



First Scene with Soup Nazi

GEORGE: This line is huge.
JERRY: It's like this all the time.
GEORGE: Isn't that that Bania guy?
JERRY: Oh, no. It is. Just be still.
GEORGE: Whoop! Too late. I think he picked up the scent.
BANIA: Hey, Jerry! I didn't know you liked soup.
JERRY: Hard to believe.
BANIA: This guy makes the best soup in the city, Jerry. The best. You know
what they call him? Soup Nazi.
JERRY: Shhhhh! All right, Bania, I - I'm not letting you cut in line.
BANIA: Why not?
JERRY: Because if he catches us, we'll never be able to get soup again.
BANIA: Okay. Okay.
GEORGE: Medium turkey chili.
JERRY: Medium crab bisque.
GEORGE: I didn't get any bread.
JERRY: Just forget it. Let it go.
GEORGE: Um, excuse me, I - I think you forgot my bread.
SOUP NAZI: Bread -- $2 extra.
GEORGE: $2? But everyone in front of me got free bread.
SOUP NAZI: You want bread?
GEORGE: Yes, please.
SOUP NAZI: $3!
GEORGE: What?
SOUP NAZI: No soup for you! [snaps fingers]


later

ELAINE: I can't believe this!
KRAMER: Well, where's the soup?

ELAINE: Wha -- the Soup Nazi threw me out.

KRAMER: Oh...yeah!

JERRY: What are you gonna get?

SHEILA: I'll decide at the last minute.

JERRY: You better decide, sister. You're on deck. Sheila!

[Soup Nazi pounding on countertop]

JERRY: Uh-oh.

SOUP NAZI: Hey, what is this? You're kissing in my line? Nobody kisses in

my line!

SHEILA: I can kiss anywhere I want to.

SOUP NAZI: You just cost yourself a soup!

SHEILA: How dare you? Come on, Jerry, we're leaving. Jerry?

JERRY: Do I know you?

ELAINE: So, essentially, you chose soup over a woman?

JERRY: It was a bisque.

ELAINE: Yeah. You know what I just realized? Suddenly, George has become

much more normal than you.

JERRY: Really?

ELAINE: Yeah. Come on. I mean, think about it. He's engaged to be married.

Your top priority is soup.

JERRY: Have you tastes the soup?

ELAINE: Yeah. All right. You made the right decision.

JERRY: See, the way I figure it, it's much easier to patch things up with

Sheila than with the Soup Nazi.

No comments: